Thursday, March 6, 2014

Penance (Long Slow Tease) by Ann Mayburn



Penance (Long Slow Tease) by Ann Mayburn
        When Wyatt and Michelle leave for Chicago to attend the wedding of an old friend of Michelle's, Wyatt has no idea how close his beloved Domina is to the edge. While helping Wyatt battle the demons of his PTSD, Michelle has been trying to ignore her own issues, but the past refuses to stay buried and she soon finds herself spiraling out of control. More determined than ever to protect Wyatt from herself, Michelle tries to pretend everything is perfect with devastating results.
         Wyatt can see that Michelle is losing it, but he doesn't know how to help her when she refuses to admit there's a problem. No longer able to deal with the pressure of pretending to be perfect, Michelle self-destructs. Wyatt is now faced with a bitter choice- leave the woman who owns his heart or start a long and arduous journet to rescue the other half of his soul from her own personal Hell.
          Penance is the conclusion of Michelle and Wyatt's tale of hope, loss, healing and most of all forgiveness.






You can follow Ann on facebook, or her website

Star Rating: Five Stars

Review: The conclusion to this epic story will leave you crying, cheering and falling in love  with Wyatt and Michelle all over again!
   This book is by far NOT for the faint of heart! For me it brought to light many of the very true things that I as a woman, mother and wife do all the time. I regularly push my own problems to the back, putting others before myself. Until just recently when I was forced to wake up and face my own depression. My own demons that I have battled subconsiously for years, unknown to me.
  
    This is what happens to Michelle and Wyatt. Michelle has HUMONGOUS breakdown, and nearly loses the one person who treasures her above all others.

Wyatt.

   Only by Wyatt being a stubborn Marine and enlisting the help of Michelle's friends does he learn the skills required to help Michelle in her dark hour.

   But things aren't easy.

    They have a lot to work through, and things to overcome. Is Wyatt strong enough to stand by Michelle? Or will Michelle finally push away the one man who loves her imperfctions and all?

    HOLY WHAT THE HELL!!!!

    I couldn't stop reading this book. I was only half way through when I had to stop and tell Ann what an Epic book it was. Her advice to me, and I will pass it onto you guys, is to get my tissues ready cause there was more to come. 

    Thank you Ann! I definitely did need them!

   But seriously woman often push their own problems, their own needs to the back burner because we are taught to 'Hold it together' 'Have to be strong for everyone else' etc.... Well Dammit, we need to step up and say HEY! I need help! Don't be afraid to ask for help, whether you have a signifigant other or not, there will always be someone to help you through your dark time. There are loads of help out there and Ann has graciously given numbers to lines where you can get help. Whether you have PTSD, Manic Depression,...etc. They are there to help. You just have to ask, that simple, and yes I know that hard too.
    Thank you Ann for writing this Epic book and allowing us the rare insite to those that deal with this widespread problem arising from our troops, and others. 


Buy Links..
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
ARE
Smashwords




No comments:

Post a Comment